Monday, June 1, 2009

New flu remedy

This weekend Kinley and I were lucky enough to be hit with a lovely little flu bug.  Kinley started it on Thursday with, as she calls them, "the pukes" and "the diarrhea".  She was fine on Friday, maybe a bit lethargic, then started with "the pukes" first thing Saturday morning.  Then, of course, it was my turn.  After Kinley threw up for the second time, she was kind of crying and saying she had an owie in her tummy.  She then insisted that Daddy put a band-aid on her tummy so it would feel better.  I, not having perfect child-like faith in a band-aid, opted not to have one on my tummy.  Naturally, the band-aid worked and Kinley was pretty much fine for the rest of the day.  I, on the other hand, spent the majority of the day in the bathroom trying to convince somebody to put me out of my misery.  Kinley was kind enough to come and rub my face or my back while saying things like, "oh sweetheart" and "it's okay mommy, you're going to be okay".  Next time, I'm just going to ask for a band-aid.  

3 comments:

Janae said...

I hate the pukes. Good luck.

Joni Wiedrich said...

No fun! Especially when Mommy gets it! Glad you are feeling better now.

Cyndi said...

Too funny! Not funny that you were sick but funny about the band-aid. I'm going to try that next time:)