Monday, May 25, 2009

The mailman

On Friday, I took Kinley over to her friends house to play.  When I went back to pick her up, we were visiting on their front porch when the mailman came.  Kinley was so excited and told her friends, "look, it's the mailman.  He's my father."  Needless to say, Kinley's friends' mom gave me quite a look of shock.  Very funny but rather awkward.  I assured her I was just as surprised to hear this information as she was.  Thank heavens Kinley looks exactly like her daddy so we don't have any further confusion.

5 comments:

Janille said...

That is so funny! She is so cute!

Ashley Cleverly said...

Mom was telling me all about Kinley yesterday. . . Love her special kisses and the fact that she is freaking DeLynn out! Can't wait to see you guys!

Papworth's said...

Maybe she just wishes her daddy were a mailman! I mean those awesome uniforms and the bags they get to carry. They even get to wear shorts in the summer and our mailman wears his socks up to his knees! Seriously, how cool is that? Oh, and they get to wear hats. Still, thank goodness you cleared that one up! That's hilarious.

Forrest and Jennie said...

Marlyce- Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I read your blog for the latest Kinley story, and I am happy to say that I am never disappointed. She is so very entertaining! Tell Rich we need to plan another get together this summer.

proudmamablogga said...

That's funny! I get that all the time because Pearl looks so completely like herself and no one else. Everyone thinks they are so clever when they say it. Next time, I'm just going to say, "Yup. It was the mailman. Great, you just ruined it in front of my husband."