Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My new favorite website

I found the greatest, funniest website recently. The website is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com. I have a few entries that brought tears to my eyes, but this one is my favorite.

What the customer said:
“So we’re throwing a going-away party for our friend, and we’d like you to write “Good luck at U.C.”, since that’s the college she’s going to. Also, she’s a big E.T. fan – you know, from the movie? – so we want to incorporate that somehow. I’ll leave it up to you; we just want something E.T.- related on it. Can you do that? Yeah? Cool! Thanks!”

What the decorator heard:
Blah blah blah, write blah E.T. blah blah on it. Blah.”
What the decorator was thinking:
“Okey doke, easy peasy, now I’ll just write '
Good Luck'... oh, wait: does 'good' have two 'o's or two 'd's? Dang. Oh well, I’ll just make this letter look a little like both. There! No one will notice anyway. Ok, and then: 'at…U.C…'...thank goodness that doesn’t need any periods; those are so hard to do with this icing! Ok, let’s see here…you know, I think I'm going to go the extra mile for these folks and write E.T. on it THREE times. And I’m pretty sure just the 'E' has a period… yeah, that looks right. Dum dee dum…. There! All done! Aw, they are just going to love me.”

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Super Funny!!

Kate and Cole said...

How on earth did you find this website? That's hilarious. I'm checking it out. Did you ever check out awkwardfamilyphotos.blogspot? so funny

Anonymous said...

that is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I had to take a break from laughing my butt off just to write this comment.

Emilee said...

Now thats funny!

Lindsey said...

Oh wow. I love it. Thank you. When I first looked at it, I thought, "cakes, really? How funny can that be?" Now I know.

Cyndi said...

Love it! That's some great cake decorating talent. I'm sure I could do a better job than that:) Thanks for sharing...I'll have to check out that blog.

The Hopkins said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard right now! The kind where you're by yourself and you kind of creep yourself out because you're laughing so hard? That is so funny! You are such a good writer.