Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brutally honest

After I got myself dressed and ready yesterday, I was looking in the mirror to make sure my new pants fit okay. Kinley told me, "Mom, your bum looks ridiculous in those pants." I told her that I appreciated her honesty but maybe she could sugar coat it a bit.

Then, while driving to the playground today, a Britney Spears song came on the radio. Kinley said, "What's wrong with her voice. She sounds like, wah wah waaahhhh." I thought it was pretty funny and a rather accurate impression. I'm hoping that as Kinley gets a bit older she will learn to be a little more tactful.

6 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

hahahaaha!!! That is brand new information. I'm kidding, I do think that is so funny. She is such a funny kid. You need to write down everything she says.

Nicki Swilor said...

She is hilarious!

Cassie said...

sweet you have a blog. I am excited to see when people in IF have blogs. I hope you don't mind I am putting it on my blog list so I can see it when you update it!

Kinley is so dang cute!

Kandis Smith said...

haha!! I love the comment about your butt! she's so cute!

Amy Pulley said...

That is so freaking cool!... okay, maybe the fact that your self esteem had a bit of a fall is kind of sad. I recently had my child tell my bum was big, so I can feel your pain.

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious! I couldn't agree more about Britney Spears :)