Monday, July 13, 2009

Slightly inappropriate story

On Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends at our favorite Chinese restaurant. After dinner, Kinley decided she wanted to ride with Angie and DeLynn (pronounced Duh-Lynn if you are Kinley, emphasis on the "Duh") and they agreed to drive her to the gas station so we could get some ice cream and treats. When I noticed them getting out of their car, something seemed a bit off and DeLynn was carrying something in his hand. My first thought was that she had puked in their car, their brand new car. When I asked what happened, Angie said that they heard a pop and Kinley said, "I have balls and goo all over". Apparently Kinley was squeezing the squishy ball a bit too hard and it exploded. Still, that just doesn't sound right coming from your 2 year old. To make matters worse, Kinley just kept saying it over and over.

Here is my new favorite picture of Kinley. I took her to the zoo last and she insisted that I take a picture of her with the tiger statue. I apparently was not paying good enough attention and managed to capture this moment.
It looks like she is trying to pull a baby tiger out. Maybe she has been spending too much time with Grandpa Reed on the farm. However, if I remember correctly, I believe I was told to take a picture while she "smashed the tiger". I am guessing this is not quite what she had in mind.

5 comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

I really needed a good laugh. Thank you for giving it to me.

Kate and Cole said...

I saw that picture and burst out laughing. Ryker asked what was wrong with me. That is so funny! Oh man, i love that girl!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

That picture is the funniest thing I have seen all day - thanks for the laugh! I love Kinley stories!

Leslie said...

That is so funny. The picture is AWESOME and the story is great. I really needed a good laugh. I can always count of it from you.

Cyndi said...

Love the picture with the tiger:) Too funny! I also love the fact that the first thought you had was that she puked in your friends new car....THAT IS SO ME!! I laughed really hard at this post. Thanks for sharing:)