After being naughty and earning a timeout in her room, I hear Kinley yelling that she wants to be nice. We then have the following exchange:
Me: Kinley, do you know why you are in trouble?
Kinley: Um, I ruined Christmas?
Me: No, you did not ruin Christmas, not yet anyways. You were screaming.
Kinley: That's right, I screamed, like this. (then repeats the awful screaming that got her in trouble in the first place)
After picking Kinley up from Nursery, I asked her what she did in Nursery. She says, "I screamed. I cried. I pushed." I ask for some more details and she responds with, "I pushed Jace. He fell down. He cried. I sat in the chair." Nice, my kid is the bully in nursery.
After staring out the back door at the snow, Kinley announces she is going outside to play in the snow. I say, "Kinley, you can't go outside, you only have socks on." Kinley takes off her socks and declares, "now I'm ready." Apparently she didn't get the memo that mommy hates snow.
For family night we made this stellar gingerbread house. While decorating the house, Kinley had the following things to say. "I eat all the candy. This is so fun. Echo give me this house. I love this house. My house is so pretty." I have to say, considering who decorated the house, it's not too shabby. Rich and I weren't really blessed with any crafty or decorating talent, but we enjoyed ourselves.
3 comments:
Really, I think Kinley and Tori are sisters. The unbelievable personalities, the smiling with the eyes shut, acting like they are 13, etc. We need to keep in touch to compare notes/tactics in the coming years!
She is a doll and sounds like she keeps you on your toes. Your gingerbread house turned out great! Merry Christmas!
Cute hair Marlyce!
Post a Comment