Kinley was super excited to see the "Big Man" and waved her hello's while waiting in line. I am just stunned at the cost of a picture with Santa. The cheapest package was $12.99. Whatever happened to the old days where you just got a polaroid picture? We went the cheap route and took our own photos, lame I'm sure, but at least I still have my $12.99 in my pocket and the creepy picture lady didn't shake her bells in our faces. Once Kinley walked up to Santa she got a bit nervous and needed her mommy to sit with her. I, of course, was ill prepared to have my picture taken, but sat down anyway. Santa could have earned some bonus points by scooting over or possibly by being friendly, but he chose to just stay put and keep personal contact to a minimum. Here is the exchange between Santa and Kinley.
Santa: Have you been nice this year?
Kinley: No, I'm mean.
Santa: Well what would you like me to bring you?
Kinley: I want a baby doll.
Santa: Is there anything else you want?
Kinley: I want to slide Santa.
Santa: (looking straight forward and not saying anything)
Kinley: Ok, bye bye Santa. Ho ho Merry Christmas
Santa: Here's your book
And that sums that up. I guess it was kind of a let down. You wait all that time and hype Santa up, and it's over in 30 seconds. I think I'll make a suggestion that during the Santa screening process, they take a second to check for actual holiday spirit...seems like a key factor in being the big man.
3 comments:
Too funny! You look great though! Oh, and the Santa at the "O" street mall this year is so great - we have seen him twice already! He is a skinny little dude, but a real beard, and great personality;)
He was probably sad that you didn't actually sit on his lap! Kinley is so cute! We sure had a winner of a Santa at our word party last night too.
At least your Santa had the decency to get dressed before he headed over to the mall! The Santa at our mall still had his pajamas on! (I hate it when he doesn't wear the whole suit! Do they want us to think he is too busy making toys to get fully dressed, and that his thermal shirt and suspenders are what he wears around the workshop? Whoever came up with that brilliant idea needs to conduct another focus group!)
Post a Comment