Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I think that this is the most excited I have been for Thanksgiving in a long time.  I did really enjoy our Thanksgivings while in Nebraska.  The Cleverly's put on one killer Thanksgiving dinner which we will always miss.  However, now that we are able to live closer to family, it is really nice to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving with them again.

This year, we will have almost my entire family together, which is tricky with a family of 7 kids, their spouses, and 15 grandchildren.  We will be missing my brother and his family, but will have the other 6 kids present.  It has been so long since we have all been together like this, probably a couple of years.  Even though we do live much closer to family, I still don't get to see my Wyoming siblings very often, so I suppose that is why I am so excited for this Thanksgiving.  We will even be lucky enough to have my grandparents join us, which is always a special treat.

I have also vowed this year to make it to the early morning sale at the local Walmart.  Last year I went fairly early and managed to get some great deals, but was too late for the big items I really wanted.  So, this year, I'm going early, and dragging somebody along with me, I just need to find some poor sap that is willing.  I'm sure I'll just be frazzled and a total mess since I'm not a huge fan of people, but I'm still going.

So, to all of you out there, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Wish me luck on my early morning shopping endeavor, I'm sure I'm going to need it.  

No comments: