From the day Kinley was born, I have been grooming her to appreciate college football. Mostly, I have been teaching her of the greatness of the BYU Cougars and the Nebraska Cornhuskers, and of course to despise USC. I have had to be rather sneaky about teaching her to be a Cougar fan, what with her dad being a Ute fan and all. So, every chance I would get, we would sing the Cougar fight song. Finally, during the BYU vs. UCLA game, since BYU scored like a hundred touchdowns, she finally let out a "rah rah, rah rah rah, GOOOO COUGARS". Oh, persistence sure pays off.
So, with one huge victory under my belt, it was time to push harder on the Husker cheers. Yesterday Kinley and I put on our red Husker shirts and prepared for the game. As the game started, I told Kinley to say what I said, "Go Big Red!" Kinley said, "Go Big Red, Yellow, Purple". Ugh, sigh. Maybe next week.
2 comments:
I always knew there was some blue and white in the Friess household. Keep up the good work.
Too funny!! At least she knows her colors. My kids also love the Cougar fight song. I was Tate's sunbeam teacher in our ward in AZ. Our music leader asked me to find out all of my classes favorite primary songs. I asked Tate what his favorite primary song was and he said "Rise And Shout The Cougars Are Out!!" I laughed so hard. That's my Tate for ya! By the way, what's wrong with the Jonas Brothers? ;)
Post a Comment