Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Addition

After much discussion and much searching, we have finally added to our little family. Meet our new little baby, Mazy.Mazy was found by my grandparents in Utah.  She was hanging around the retirement community they live in and appeared to have no owners.  So, they rescued her and sent her up to us.  We really have no idea what kind of dog she is or how old she is, but she is turning out to be a very good dog.  She is completely house trained and never barks...pretty good for a stray dog.
Kinley, being absolutely obsessed with animals, absolutely loves her (unless Mazy is sitting on mommy's lap, then she's not a fan).  Kinley spent all day yesterday talking and barking commands at Mazy.  "Mazy, play doll house", "Mazy, get down", "Mazy, come here".  It was actually rather entertaining.  Kinley especially loves when Mazy tries to sit on her lap.  And if you're wondering, no, dogs can't play doll house, but our dog will lay by the doll house and act interested, so I guess that is close enough.

I think we all need a little time to adjust to our new addition, but here's to some new puppy love.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition! Already house trained! That is a plus! Maybe she will teach Kinley a thing or two J/K. Mazy looks so cute! I hope she is still cute in a week or two! GOOD LUCK!

P.S. I LOVE your self esteem post!

Karole said...

Dogs are so much fun especially when they are good with kids! I miss my dog soooo much. He was with us when we got married and had both our kids so we were all really attached to him. I hope all goes well with Mazy, I'm sure it will! Good luck and have fun!!!

The Hopkins said...

I was reading your old posts today because 1. I haven't been doing this blog thing a long time and 2. You are seriously one of the best writers and you are so hilarious! After I read your posts I'm inspired to just post pictures, thanks for that. I was thinking about you after you sent me that email and was thinking of all of the fun times we had! I was thinking of the first time that I saw you and I thought you were so cool and that we would get along so good, but I didn't want to be that creepy new girl that just goes up and talks to people..so, instead I was the creepy new girl that said one word answers. I'm glad it worked out and we became such good friends and that we kept in touch even after I moved back to Provo and was the creepy new girl once again!

Janae said...

I am a little jealous of your stray dog. I bet Kinley is having a blast bossing him around.