While taking my shower this morning, Kinley performed her usual routine of coming in and out of the bathroom several times and chucking toys in the bathroom. As soon as I stepped out of the shower I heard a loud "oh, hi mama". I said, "hi Kinley". She then looked at me funny, wrinkled her nose, and said, "ew, cucka". To which I promptly replied "you're cucka". Very mature, I know. Then I promptly informed her that I used to look better before her pregnancy ruined my body and gave me all of these lovely stretch marks. I think I handled that well.
8 comments:
Nothing like an honest 2 year old to boost your self-esteem. Can you believe my mom made it through 8 kids with NO stretch marks. She informs me I get mine from my fathers side. Lucky me. Lucky you, too.
Oh I love it.
Oh my gosh! You make me laugh. Why don't I come to your blog more often..I should seriously wake up everyday and come to your blog to put me in a good mood for the day. If it makes you feel any better my girls always feel my stomach and then laugh somedays they say your stomach is big and others they it is "small now" must be what I am eating!!! So funny loved the wafer story too!
That is just hilarious! Jonah once told me I had a big butt and I almost got angry I was so offended (hello, he's 4, he just states the facts I guess). At least at the time I could blame it on being pregnant!
Oh Marlyce you are too funny!!! Just wait & see what your body looks like after baby #3. It's horrific. I just want my belly button to be happy again. It now has a permanent frowny face:( It was great seeing you this weekend. Your daughter is darling & I bet you are an awesome mom!! Keep up the good work.
You crack me up. When are you coming to Utah again? Let's get together.
That is hilarious! I've resorted to showering while Bennett naps; he's learned to flop his belly onto the side of the tub and kick until he gets over or he uses the opportunity to try to get into cool things like the garbage or the toilet brush. It sounds like it might get easier as they get older, but I'm not looking forward to the insults :)
You make me laugh so hard. I can just see you saying that back to her!
I can't believe how big she is getting. She is so cute.
Post a Comment