Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kinley, Inc.

I began my employment with Kinley, Inc. nearly 3 years ago.  I began with a very nauseating, sickening, painful, 38 week internship before being promoted to the position of "mama".  I have been in my current position for 26 months now.  This current position certainly has its ups and downs, but overall, I really do love my job.  I must confess that I have the most demanding boss that I have ever had in my life, she is cute though, and one heck of a dancer.    

I don't mind that I work 24 hours a day with no breaks, or that I am always on-call.  I don't mind that I don't always get a full nights sleep, or that I clean up 50 messes a day.  I am even getting used to the tantrums, the time outs, the disciplining, however, the cuddling, snuggling, hugs, kisses, and even "I love you's" certainly make up for the downs.  What I cannot tolerate are days when my boss choses not to take a nap.  As if she wasn't enough of a handful before, now kick the "whinies" into high gear and juggle all the rest as well, it's a challenging day.

Today, my boss decided to forego nap time and that it was funny to call me "stinky" all day and she even added in a "cock-a-poo-poo" for good measure. I'm not sure what "cock-a-poo-poo" means, but it doesn't sound good.  Now, I can take all of the messes, whining, screaming, and disobedience.  What I cannot take are attacks on my personal hygiene, especially when she knows I took a shower today because she laid on the bathroom floor the entire time.  Not to mention, when repeatedly asked to quit calling mama stinky, she just laughed.  I find this to have led to a hostile and negative work environment.  Therefore, she leaves me no choice, I quit.

What's that?  You can't quit the position of "mama"?  Well, there's some fine print for you.  That's just fantastic.  In that case, I'm demanding a 15 minute break. 


***Note***
The author and her boss have since reconciled and have settled on taking the afternoon off for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse marathon.

5 comments:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I love reading your blog! You are so hilarious and have such a great way of putting things into words. Being a mom is the hardest/bestest job in the world. I was a very bad employee today but have resolved to try harder tomorrow!

Cyndi said...

I love to see what you write about. You should put a book together about the hardships of being a mom. I think it would be a best seller. You write about it in such a funny way. Just so you know, cock a poo poo is really a word & if you look it up in the moms dictionary, it means something that little kids shouldn't be touching or eating:)

Janae said...

I meant to call you but I can't find your number. Did you hear about Jamie's Dad? He passed away on Friday. Give her a call if you can, I think she needs it. Funny post by the way.

Kurt and Kristy said...

What a great post! All of us have our hard days but you always have a sense of humor about it! I love it! And I am not looking forward to the day when Kylie decides she doesnt need a nap!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! You always make me feel better!