Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So long Charlie

This is a picture of Kinley with two of her best friends, her daddy, and Charlie.  Charlie is the mascot of the local double A baseball team here.  Kinley absolutely loves Charlie, she calls him "Charlie Chukar".  She spends the entire game yelling things like, "hi Charlie", "hey Charlie", "love you Charlie".  However, when she finally got the chance to meet Charlie, she was scared to death, as you can see in the picture.  She is actually saying "cheese", but she is more than hesitant to stand by Charlie.

Unfortunately, we had a similar experience with Mazy, our little dog.  Kinley really liked her at first and yelled at her to play all day long.  However, when Mazy would get close to, run near, or heaven forbid, touch Kinley, she would freak out.  One day Kinley was bugging Mazy and Mazy ran at Kinley and knocked her down, then later sort of bit at her fingers.  From that moment on, it was "I not like Mazy".  So, unfortunately, Mazy has had to find yet another home.  She is living with my cousin now, and I trust she is finding things to her liking.

So, with the end of baseball near, and the end of our time as pet owners, we say, so long Charlie...and Mazy too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazy is gone too? How sad! My girls are both the same way around animals. That is cute about Charlie. We have Satarn and Regie the Roadrunner down here. Their season came to an end about a month ago. That was a sad day.

Leslie said...

Kyler does the same thing, he will yell and yell and yell and then when what ever it is comes, he runs!!!
Sad to say bye to the pet, but I really could see you as a dog owner?? I guess because they are not constantly spotless!

Anonymous said...

Kinley is so darn cute! Keldon has a puppy right now that bites his legs.. and I am debating weather or not to get rid of her. wish me luck with that decision :) hope everything else is going great you guys!

<3 Julia

Lindsey said...

I love that picture! Her face is classic. And I also love the Kinley, Inc. post... so funny and true!

Trista said...

Yes I started a blog not too long ago. I thought I had put you on my mass email list stating my address, but apparently you were left off and I apologize. I'm glad your stalker skills led you to my site. I'm not an expert at this like you, but I'll try to keep it entertaining.

Janae said...

What a cute dog name. It was good to talk to you the other day.