Today was the big day. We have talked it up for weeks. We purchased the big girl underwear, the potty chair, the M&M's and stickers for bribery. Apparently what I forgot to stock up on, and still don't believe they sell at the store, an abundance of patience.
At the end of the day, here's what we have: 5 accidents, lots of dirty laundry, a potty chair that has been sat on every 20 minutes but some how did not get a drop of urine in it, a child that immediately yells "wet" after urinating on herself, and 2 frazzled parents that are now wondering what's so wrong with diapers.
So with 5 accidents and a pile of laundry under our belt, we're praying Day 2 works out a little better. We're flustered, frazzled, and maybe a bit smelly, but we're not discouraged (yet). Maybe tomorrow we might actually get a drop of pee in the potty chair. After all, that is what we're shooting for, right? I think that potty training may be the death of this "first time mommy".
6 comments:
Oh no I hear you! I am starting to potty train Caden tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it. Hopefully I can get through it too! Good luck. Hopefully it will go smoothly from here on out.
Good luck! We are working on Nora AGAIN right now. It's going good and hopefully will stick this time. My first experience was so easy, I was expecting the same the second time. Of course, Maggie was trained 4 months before she turned 3 and it was a piece of cake. I decided I won't train another child until close to 3 anymore. Especially one as strong willed as Nora. I can't imagine training a barely 2 year old. I'll be checking back to see how it's going.
I won't tell you that I bought Madi's potty chair in October, and it was the FOLLOWING October she was potty trained. I stressed myself out the 1st week and finally decided that it is all on her time! When she was ready (a year later) it was awesome! The thing that worked for us, was finally letting her go camando (is that the word I'm thinking of?) No pants or panties. It was then she knew there was noting to catch it. That is when she would run to the potty! That has been my trick for both of my girls. No panties! GOOD LUCK!
boy does that bring back painful memories for me :) keldon was a bugger to potty train. I have no good advice and I admit I am no expert... all I can say is hang in there cause the day you expect her not to do it, she will! she is such a cutie! I have to tell you that I love to read your posts. you are hilarious and its so much fun to read your blog. hope the rest of summer is good to you guys.
Julia
I have a great book/method that we used and it was awesome. It's an e-book that I could e-mail to you. I know a bunch of people that have used it and had great results. Let me know if you want me to send it to you. My e-mail is jmeek32@hotmail.com. Good luck!
Good luck-
I am sure things can only getter from here on out. And at least you can count the number of accidents on one hand! That is better than both hands and a few feet.
I think patience is something that should be for purchasing, it sure would make parenting a lot easier. If you find where this is possible let me know:)
Post a Comment