Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Under Construction

This site has been temporarily inactive due to the author purchasing a new home and then tackling some remodeling jobs.  Yes, the author is aware that remodeling with a toddler is a really stupid thing to do, but she did have some excellent helpers (a big thanks to the Whites).  The previously mentioned toddler only put her hand in the paint once and turned out to have a real knack for spackling, nearly spackled that nostril shut.  Here are some pictures of what they have been up to.

Kinley's room:  Started out a lovely light blue on top, white chair rail, then navy on the bottom
We went green on top with white bead board on the bottom


The office started out a terribly bright orange (yes, orange is my favorite color, but it was a bit too much for me).  We did some primer then a lovely shade of Gobi Desert (tan).  The pictures don't really show much, but too bad, you'll have to look at them anyway.


Then on to the accent wall, the large wall that connects the living room and dining room.  From white to a darker tan (sorry, can't remember the color)

More pictures to come once the move in and decorating process is complete.

***Please note that the author is getting a bit worn out and you should not be "holding your breath" in anticipation of pictures of the completed house.  It could be a little while. 

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so impressed with your accomplishments! Hurry and get it all done before you burn out like we did! More than half of our house still needs paint...but I can personally guarantee it won't be happening anytime soon! And I don't even have a toddler! And after your construction project is over, please email me so I have your new address. cynthi21@hotmail.com

Deb said...

It's looking so good!!! Keep at it, you are doing great!

Marisa said...

Way to go!! You sound like us, having to paint over very loud colors. Somethings just simply must be done before moving in. I'm glad it's all worked out.

Lacy said...

Looks like fun to me! I am jealous! I wish we had a house. You gotta love over priced Cali and under paid prosecutors!!

Lindsey said...

Your house looks awesome!! And I love Kinley's room; I love beadboard! Maybe I'll have to make my first trip to Idaho to see it in person!

Marco Brown said...

Lookin' good guys. There's nothing better than owning your own house.

katielovie said...

you're hair is way cute!