I have adjusted to the clutter that you leave around. I am willing to share anything I eat with you, and for that matter, I am reluctantly willing to let you cram food in my mouth with your grubby little hands. I am happy to come up with little compromises, if you do this for mommy we can go outside. I am even willing to forego my delicious diet coke for a caffeine free diet soda to share with you since I know you will insist on having some (we certainly don't need Kinley on caffeine). I am perfectly willing to do all I can to help you be happy, healthy, well mannered, and educated.
However, there is something that you will NEVER be allowed to do. While at Sam's Club, or any public place, it is never going to be acceptable to lay on your stomach and roll around on the ground, and eat pieces of candy that somebody spilled by the register. This is and will always be considered disgusting, yucky, or "cucka" as you say it. Maybe this makes me a mean and horrible mom in your eyes, but I promise you, some day you will thank me for this. I was rather shocked when none of my compromises (even the ice cream) sounded better than eating that nasty, linty, dirty candy. I'm very sorry that you were so upset, but as always, I was just doing what I thought was best for you (and trust me on this one, it was definitely the best for you).
All my love,
Mom
4 comments:
I just love that you said she had grubby little hands, made me laugh. The day I figure out motherhood and deal with it all is the day I know hell will freeze over. Although, don't we think of hell as cold anyway, nevermind.
The joys of seeing Marlcye Friess experience motherhood. All those times that I am sure that you thought my kids were totally out of control and their mother a nut job. I have to say the poetry in your letter was award winning.
Oh how funny! I have such a vivid image of Kinley's episode in my mind. I would pay to have seen that...however I'm sure Jorgen's episodes are soon approaching.
Okay, you have the best way with words. You need to write a book, because I would buy it. I love reading your blog. You really are quite hilarious!! Ad your little girl is so cute by the way! I hope all is well you sound really good. Thanks for always making me smile or laugh!!! -Deja
Post a Comment