Saturday, July 12, 2008

News on the home-front...

First of all, we would like to extend our many thanks to all of you for the comments and emails about our current housing situation, we appreciate your concern/well wishes.  We are very pleased to announce that we have purchased a home.  As is the Friess style, we did the whole process in the unconventional way.  We found a house that we both really liked and the couple selling them home needed to leave by the 25th of July for grad school.  So, since they were desperate to leave, we ended up getting a very good deal.  Neither of us had agents so the two wives just negotiated the price over the phone, Rich came up with the official offer form, and it was a done deal.  We are hoping to close on the 24th of July and move in that weekend.

Now for the details of the home, assuming you are interested, if you are not interested you should quit reading.  The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs and a partially finished basement with room for an additional bedroom and bathroom.  They finished a huge family room downstairs which is really the family room and a bedroom made into one huge room (very excited about this).  The home is really move in ready with the exception of 2 bedrooms that need to be painted to better suit my style. The home has a completely fenced in backyard, grass, and even a sprinkling system.  We are very excited, but also a bit nervous.  It all seems very grown up, but I guess it's about time we grow up.  I will be sure to post some pictures once we get settled. 

10 comments:

Emilee said...

Oh the joys of growing up. It is a huge commitment but amazing! You will love being a home owner. I am glad that things are working out for you and your family. We need to see pictures!

Karole said...

Oh, I feel your pain...We just got everything unpacked and settled in Arizona. I HATE moving, and dread it everytime we move. Owning a home is such a good feeling, you will love it! I hope everything goes ok for you and the move is smooth. Make sure you get lots of HELP!!! That's the best advice I can give you. Don't try to attemp the move on your own. Good luck;)

Janille said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you! That will be so nice to have your own place. It sounds great! CONGRATS!

Stacey said...

That is so awesome that you bought a house. You will love having your own space! You need to call me next time you are here! We would love to see you guys and little Kinley!

Lisa said...

Congrats on home ownership! It is hard not to be able to call your landlord when something goes wrong, but it is great every night when you go to bed and think to yourself, "I own this!"

As far as potty training, the best $8 I ever spent: www.thepottytrainer.com

Marco Brown said...

It's great you bought without agents (saves tons of money). Anyway, congrats on the house, and can't wait to see the pictures.

Shannon said...

Congrats on the house! It sounds like you guys have found a really great one. I admit, it's kind of scary being so responsible but totally worth it!

Janae said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Good luck with the moving process. That is always fun with little helpers!

Deb said...

Yay!! How exciting for you! Congratulations!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Congrats on the house! It's so nice to have your own place, but once in a while I do wish I could just call the landlord to fix things!

I saw that you are actually living near Iona. Where are you exactly? That's where my mom grew up! My family reunion is in Iona tomorrow, but we weren't able to make it out this year. But my parents and siblings are all there.