
I think that it is common knowledge that I am lacking in the "girly" qualities, such as fashion, craftiness, and certainly dancing or anything requiring rhythm and coordination. So, with those limits, I of course had to pursue athletics since it was my only option. May I also say that being a "jock" worked out very well for me and was an incredible influence in who I am and helped me develop many valuable qualities. I will of course be encouraging Kinley in whatever endeavors she may chose and will try to get her involved in as many things as she will allow because I think it is important to be well rounded and involved in something. I must says that I was relieved when she naturally started to gravitate to a soccer ball and basketball, two things I actually know what to do with.


Now she's no John Stockton yet, but she showed some promise on defense and she throws a pretty decent bounce pass, just needs to work on her aim. Her jumping is also coming along nicely, most of the time there is actually a smidge of air between the ground and her shoes and both feet are off the ground at the same time. Now if we could just get past her fear of grass she could start working on her softball skills (mommy has her hopes up pretty high for a little softball player).
6 comments:
I love it. Josie isn't a big fan of sports. We have her in soccer and she thinks it is dumb because the outfits aren't cute. I hope that she will warm up to atleast one sport.
Kinley is a little girl now. . .I can't believe it! I still think of her as the baby I used to get to play with! Can't wait to see you this summer. Good luck on the job interview in IF. It would be wonderful if you lived in Shelley! My mom would have someone to spoil so close. She keeps waiting for you to call and have her babysit. Also, if you ever want to play Settlers of Catan call mom. It's her favorite game and she has no one to play with!
Cambree definitely excels in sports. For 3 years old that is. She loves soccer and gets to sign up this year so I am way excited. Ben loves that she wants to do sports.
We had a Rich Moment at our house last night as "look at this photograph" was played on the radio. As we could recall, those were the only words that Rich knew to the song, but we sure heard them enough.
Kinley is so cute! I'm glad to see that it's not just my girls that love sports. Mike couldn't be happier. He LOVES his girls. Just watch us end up with a sissy boy. That is his fear. (p.s. no I'm not expecting)
Kinley, I just want to warn you about playing basketball with your dad. He is a cheap shot. Be careful :)
Post a Comment