Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's a play date

Today Kinley had her very first play date with a friend.  A friend of ours from church is getting ready to move into their new house and had another friend babysit her 18 month little girl, Hope.  So, we invited them over for lunch and a play date.  I must admit I was incredibly nervous that Kinley would seriously rough up poor little  Hope.  I should say that Hope is one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen and has the most pleasant, mild mannered personalities which makes her a perfect playmate for Kinley.

So the day went pretty well.  Kinley was able to share with Hope and they played very well together.  One slight problem, Kinley is a very big teaser.  I would say Kinley can you give Hope one of your baby dolls.  She would then walk over, hold it out and wait until Hope could almost touch it, pull it away and bust up laughing.  Hmm, I wonder where she learned that???  Could it be that Rich and I do the very same thing to her?  I was waiting for Hope to slug her in the gut and call her a jerk, but luckily she didn't seem to mind.  By the end of the day, Hope was following Kinley around like a little puppy dog and basically doing whatever Kinley wanted to do.  

We had a lot of fun on our play date and we are sad to see Hope move, she was just the perfect little friend for us, and thank heavens she survived the day without even so much as a scratch.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think it's great you've taught Kinley to have a sense of humor. That's so important. We were with Nathan's family when John turned 1 year old and they were all teasing him and he just didn't get it. Since then, I've realized the importance of teasing kids...so they can get along with others. Besides, it's more fun that way!

Marisa said...

Too funny. Isn't it always interesting to watch what our kids pick up on and how they interpret them. Not always for good. But teasing is a great thing to learn early. Ella is at the possessive stage. Not just "mine" but if some touches something that doesn't belong to them, i.e. blankets she will gladly point out, "that's_______."