Saturday, March 8, 2008

I guess I am it

So I was tagged twice and decided to just pick one of the formats. So, here goes:

Regarding me and my husband:
How long did you date? This is a topic with some uncertainty and disagreement. I would say we started dating in November-ish and were engaged on Feb. 24, 2001 and married on Aug. 3, 2001...you do the math.
How old is he? 28
How old are you? 27
Who eats more sweets? Hands down, me. Rich hates cake and all other cake-like treats and would rather have more "dinner" than treats.
Who said I love you first? Rich
Who is taller? Rich by a few inches.
Who can sing better? Tough one, can 1 tone deaf person sing better than the other??? Rich does however know the lyrics to every song ever written, so in that sense, he is much better.
Who is smarter? Really, I'm suppose to answer that? Rich is much better spoken, has a better memory (for things that I did not say to him) and made it through law school, so I'm going with he has the superior intelligence. Plus, I had Kinley and my brain fell out, so that isn't helping my cause either.
Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but Rich can fold with the best of them.
Who does the dishes? It's probably more me, but he will help out whenever asked.
Guilty pleasures? Mine would be Diet Coke and currently Peeps (love those things) and Rich's would be ties and dress clothes, I'm sure that's not what people think of, but you can't help what your passions are.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, it's closer to the door and for some reason I like to sleep facing the door.
Who mows the lawn? Some really loud men that take care of the townhouses.
Who cooks dinner? Me or McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. Once a week Rich cooks and will rotate through his specialties, breakfast, tacos, and stroganoff.
Who is more stubborn? Yet again, another hot topic. I think the fair thing would be to say that we are both stubborn in our own ways and working on our negotiation process.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.
Who asked who out first? Again, some serious dispute in this area. The beginnings of our relationship are under a "do not talk about" agreement we have because it becomes a contentious argument. Rich did ask me out on our first "real" date to see the movie Bounce. It was $3.00 night at the Ephraim movie theater...can't beat that.
Who proposed? Rich
Who has more siblings? I do with 6 and he has 4.
Who wears the pants? Well, luckily we more than just the one pair, so we each get to wear pants, whew!!!
What is your favorite thing about him? He's such a great dad. He loves to come home and play with Kinley and always has her laughing. He is funny and is always so patient with me. And he always does the nicest things for me, like surprise me with gifts and nice notes. He is always willing to help and helps me see both sides of an argument. I am so grateful that I switched into a crazy science class at Snow College and managed to pick the seat behind him and suckered him into marrying me, I couldn't have a better husband.

Rather than tag somebody (I know, I'm a rule breaker) I'll just let anybody that wants to pick it up.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love that, especially the part about remembering things that you never said, that happens at our house, too :) Isn't it funny how two people can remember the same conversation so differently?

Lisa said...

Funny, my guilty pleasures would be the same. I love peeps after they are all dried out. We have requested that my mom poke packages of peeps in Utah, let them dry out and then send to Ohio. So we can enjoy truely dry peeps since nothing here every dry, just molds.

Lacy said...

Wow who knew Rich's guilty pleasure would be ties and dress clothes, oh yeah all of us that went to church with him. I will forever remember Rich as the tie fashion police. I thought all guys really didn't care about what they wore, it was good to meet Rich and know that my husband wasn't the only one that cared a little too much sometimes!