Friday, March 14, 2008

For the mocked and ridiculed

This post is for all of you that have been at the wrong end of Rich's teasing. If I have learned anything in the 6 1/2 years I have been married, it is that you really want to be careful what you say and do around Rich. Now, many of you will know that if you say or type something incorrectly, or make any sort of silly mistake in front of Rich, 2 things will happen. First, you will be mocked, teased and ridiculed for the mistake. Second, there is about a 99% chance that Rich will never forget the incident and remind you periodically of the stupid thing you did. I should mention that Rich's sense of humor is one of the things I love most about him, I just prefer not to be the "butt" of his jokes.

So, as a form of revenge, and to help more poor memory, I am posting Rich's most recent blunder. I thought since Rich rarely makes these slip ups, it was worth sharing with the masses. I was making chicken enchiladas for dinner and had just put them in the oven. We have a gas stove and oven and the oven cooks like the hottest fiery furnace in the world, so I was asking Rich about the cooking time. Rich began kind of stuttering and fumbling over his words but managed to get out, "Well, since the cookin is already chicked..." He managed to repeat this a few times knowing he was saying it incorrectly but couldn't get it out right. We got a pretty good laugh out of it and I'm thinking you will too. I just wish that Rich could do something a little more comparable to the dumb things I do, but I guess I'll take whatever I can get.*


*(Disclaimer: the incident discussed in the above post has no independent, nuetral, or unbiased witnesses who can validate its truthfulness - Rich)

*(Disclaimer's Disclaimer: please note that Rich spelled "neutral" incorrectly - Marlyce)

6 comments:

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

Hey Richie, what's going on? My wife and I were searching the world of blogs and we came across yours so I thought I'd say hello. (This is Travis Hanson). Our Blog address is:

http://corboandtrav.blogspot.com/

and Jared's is:

http://www.jbkhanson3.blogspot.com/

We hope ya'll are doing well and hope to hear from ya!

Lisa said...

It is good to know that Rich makes mistakes as well!

Anonymous said...

That makes me laugh. I hope that he doesn't read any of my blogs. I'm positive there are mistakes!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I have made plenty of mistakes in front of Richie that I was ridiculed quite a bit for. I have to say in my defense that I was a freshman in college and am pretty air headed. It was nice to see that Richie can mess up once in awhile. Hey will you tell Rich that Tiff, Brooke and Jess say HI!! I love reading your blog and hope you don't mind!

Ashley Cleverly said...

I have to say it take a very attentive person to catch all the mistake that Rich does! What a great quality, right?!. . . . until you are the one making the mistake!

Ashley Cleverly said...

So tell me Rich, what mistakes did I make in my above comment? HAHA Even when I am self conscious about what Rich will find I still comment with typos!