Friday, December 21, 2007

Article on teething

Yesterday Kinley and I had a very rough day, I think she cried for 80% of the day. I suspect this new mouthful of teeth she is working on is the root of the evil. So after a few hours of constant crying and tantrums, I decided to turn to the internet to see if there was some miracle cure I hadn't heard of yet (by the way, there isn't). I stumbled across an article from some yuppy doctor where he states that he does not believe that teething causes any discomfort and that it is just a coincidence that children act fussy and have other symptoms at the same time. I would like to respond with an, oh really??? Really???

Then I realized, I think I know who this guy is. He must be the man that speaks when there is a tornado warning. You know, the guy that makes ridiculously obvious statements. Like, "if debris is flying towards you, use your hands and arms to cover your head." Whew! Thank heavens he told me that. The last time debris flew at my head I was like, oh no, what should I do? My first instinct is to cover my head but nobody has ever told me to do that. But now, thank you mister, I know just what to do.

So to the doctor and author of this article, sorry I didn't catch your name, your article was so ridiculous I didn't want to waste my memory space on you. Do you have children? Have you ever seen a child that is teething? Awfully strange that every tooth she gets she just gets worse and worse, and not to mention, the majority of kids I know have the same reaction. So are you a doctor in the same way that Dr. Seuss is a doctor? I found your article to be complete nonsense and if you would like some additional subjects to study, you are more than welcome to come to my house.

Whew! I feel better now, thanks for the forum to rant about this topic. It must be my lack of sleep, and honestly, all that crying starts to wear on my sanity. But today we are doing much better.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Poor Kinley! I hope she's feeling better. And this Dr. sure is brave for publishing such an article. Are you sure he's still alive? If he his, he's probably living in a dark hole somewhere, fearing for his life. :)

Jenny said...

haaahaa...stop...my side my side! I am still busting a gut laughing over your forum ranting on Dr. Seuss! Purely HILARIOUS...man I miss your and Rich's sense of humor!

Nat said...

GOOD LUCK with the teething thing! I feel for you, but just remember, it's just a coincidence! :)

Janae said...

If you makes you feel any better we took Josie to the emergency room at 1:00 am only to find out that she was teething. I swear I was going to rip that Doctors teeth out myself. He could have atleast made up something that sounds a little less embarrassing for us. Hang in there!