Friday, December 7, 2007

So bring us some figgy pudding

Okay, so I don't really know what figgy pudding is, some type of a Christmas pudding. I've never seen it and not really wanting to, just thought it was a good title for today's post, tis the season and all.

So thanks to my local Smith's grocery store, I managed to get a major bargain on pudding a few weeks ago. At first, Kinley didn't want anything to do with it, despite my efforts to explain just how delicious chocolate is. She's just such a picky eater, or rather, she's picky about how she eats. Well, on this particular night, we discovered how she would like to eat her food that day, her "way of the day" as I call it, was to put the food on a spoon (very key here, not a fork) and let her put it in her mouth. So, for an after dinner treat, Rich and I were enjoying some pudding and Kinley was refusing to join in. Until her daddy left his pudding cup on the floor and she found out just how delicious pudding is. So we got her a spoon and let her polish off his chocolate and finish my tapioca. And boy did she enjoy it...she enjoyed it so much she decided to smear it around her face for a chocolate pudding mask, great for the complexion. She has also taken a liking to egg nog, which I just couldn't be more thrilled about, now I feel more justified in my purchase since I was the only one drinking it before.


4 comments:

Kris said...

Ahhh the joys of discovering new foods... and yummy ones at that!

And yes, after many years she will look back and thank you for this wonderful gift of becoming a chocolate addict. It will be the best comfort to know you cared so much that she taste it at such a young age. Either that or she will be sitting on the Dr. Phil show blaming you for her 50 pound weight gain and everything that went wrong in her life because you fed her chocolate.

Now if I could get Ella to STOP eating the chocolate chips straight out of the bag... I'll meet you on the Dr. Phil show.

I love the last picture, so adorable!

Janae said...

Yum, pudding. I think I'll go buy some. I love her dark eyes.

Deb said...

What a cutie!

Janae said...

I just want you to know that I have been singing, "So bring us some figgy pudding," since I read your blog YESTERDAY!