Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In the Christmas spirit

For some reason I am very much in the Christmas spirit this year. It could be due to all of the lovely shows on ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas, which I just love. It could be because Kinley seems to have some idea what is going on. She is very much loving the Christmas tree and just insists that it remains lit from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed. She likes to watch television or take her toys to the couch and sit just as close as she possibly can to the tree. She says tree and points to it all the time, or any tree for that matter, and seems torn between staring at the tree and presents and doing anything else. The tree this year has minimal decor, I was trying to prevent her from ruining everything, but I guess it looks alright. It does have a nice little "couch" fence around it for safety.

My sister Richelle sent Kinley some adorable new dresses and this lovely little nativity set for Kinley. Kinley just loves this nativity set and plays with it constantly. She is so careful when she sets it up and has to get everybody in just the right place. I think it is so cute because she usually has baby Jesus in the middle and everybody around him. She also must carry every piece in her hands at the same time, very difficult for those timy little hands. On this particular day, she chose to be cute before I got her hair fixed and her full outfit on, so excuse the mess.

Kinley has so graciously offered to help me with some special Christmas presents. I have decided to make some special books for my Grandparents. I wrote a short story for each of them and Kinley is in charge of the illustrations. She has done a pretty good job. She ate some of the blue crayon and the green one suffered severe injuries after being hurled from the counter, but the pictures are coming along nicely and we're hoping for some great reactions to the gifts.



So with one more week until Christmas, we are very excited and counting down the days. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Cute pictures of Kinley. That is such a cute idea to do a little book, There's nothing grandparents love more than something heartfelt from family.

Janae said...

Oh, your are too good at the Mom thing. I wished you lived closer.