Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Swearing In

Thursday was a very big day for our family. We packed up the family and drove to Boise so that Rich could be sworn in and become an official attorney. Rich's parents joined us for the trip. Kinley was a pretty good trooper, handled the drive pretty well, some how forgot to take a nap, but was pretty pleasant anyway. She didn't particularly care for the actual court session and swearing in, but she managed to see her dad raise his hand with everybody else and see him get his certificates from different justices and judges. Then, like a good little girl, she threw her fit just in time to get us out of the boring speakers. Poor Grandma and Grandpa Friess and Rich had to sit and listen to them while Kinley and I ran around in the hall and made some new little friends. After the swearing in we went to eat at PF Chang's, very yummy. Then Rich's parents brought me and Kinley back to Pocatello and Rich stayed for a continuing ed class. It was a great day and we are so very proud of Rich and his great accomplishment. So to quote the famous Michael Scott from The Office "Guess what, I have flaws. What are they, oh I don't know, I sing in the shower, sometimes I spend too much time volunteering, occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car... so sue me." Though I would prefer not to be sued, I do know a good attorney now :)


5 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

Congrats Rich! Isn't it nice to see something come from years of torture?!?

proudmamablogga said...

Quoted from a sign in Star Valley: "Congratlians!"

Don said...

Now you can come do some pro bono work for all our westside friends. I hear Jennie's putting something together for a few from '97. Hope you're planning on it. -Don

Kurt and Kristy said...

Congratulations! I cant wait to see the end of the madness!It will end...right!?

Karole said...

It was good to hear from you. That is awesome that Rich is done with school and will be a lawyer. Your little girl is so cute. I've never seen her before. They grow up so fast. Will you be having more anytime soon. 2 is enough for me right now! Anyways, good to hear from you...Keep in touch