Then for the weekend, it was of course the kick off to college football, hurray! I guess it actually started with an inury plagued premier by Rich's Utes (tear tear). We spent Saturday cleaning and watching quite a bit of football. Even Kinley got into the action. She wore some red pants to root on the Huskers, and she even went all out clapping with the crowd. However, most of the teams received applause from Kinley, she just claps when she hear clapping.
On to Sunday. The day started out with Rich and I receiving church callings (even though nobody had our phone number). We were called to be Primary Workers and will be teaching the 5 year olds. You can't see my face, but it looks a bit like a deer caught in the headlights. This should be a fun challenge for us, neither of us have ever been in Primary before, but we're excited to teach the kids at church and some how juggle Kinley in there too. Then towards the end of church, Kinley was with her daddy and she fell (like she does all the time) and unfortunately she bumped her head and got her first bruise and goose-egg on her forehead. You can't tell from the picture, but it was a pretty big bump.
And finally, Monday. We decided to take a trip to the Pocatello zoo. Consider us extremely disappointed. The zoo was fairly small, though compared to the Omaha zoo, it didn't really stand much of a chance. The cages looked lovely, they just all happened to be missing their animals. We did see some grizzly bears and some big horn sheep, 2 elk, 2 buffaloes, and some birds. The grizzly bears looked more depresesd than any animal I have ever seen. They did manage to scare Kinley to death though...I guess suicidal grizzly bears have that effect on a kid. We managed to walk the entire zoo in about 45 minutes, but it was a pretty good work out, very hilly. Now this weekend, we are off to visit the grandparents in Utah and are sure to have another enjoyable weekend. Go Huskers and Cougars (and a small go Utes for Rich)!!!
4 comments:
Fun weekend!
Fun stuff... good luck with the 5-year olds! Yeah, I think it will be hard to beat the Henry Doorly Zoo; remember our trip there three years ago? That was fun!
Lindsey
Marlyce!
I hope you had a happy birthday on Friday!
Lindsey
Remember your hand sanitizer in primary!!!
PS I miss you and all my NE friends
Evige
Post a Comment