So my editor, Rich, read my previous eczema post and said it needed some work. Apparently I didn't make myself very clear, so here is try number 2. To start the "clarification" process, I was bathing Kinley about every 3rd night because I thought bathing her more often would dry her out more. And secondly, the key to overcoming eczema is moisture. So, you want to trap as much lotion in their skin as possible. So where my editor says I really failed was conveying that you should lotion them while they are still wet or in the process of air drying. That way you can trap in the moisture, so be sure to be some what generous with the lotion. I found it easier to just lotion her while she was in the tub. I have also heard that a humidifier can be helpful as well.
And to the RamFam, Rich doesn't have a regimen for his skin, so not sure why you are thinking it looks so good. Must have been the switch to the electric razor. However after switching to this routine, I find our hands to be quite a bit softer too. Well for any of you having the same skin struggle, good luck to you, and maybe this will work for you too.
2 comments:
Thanks! I'll try it too!
What a great informative post! My sister's toddler has 'itchies' really bad, (that's what the toddler calls them) I'll pass this info on to her, She's willing to try anything. Darn itchies. ;)
Post a Comment