Once my 3 hours of solitude were over, Kinley awoke with a diaper that had severely failed in its purpose to hold the urine in. So Kinley didn't get her usual "snuggle mommy time" after her nap and that just fueled the hunger strike apparently, and made her very clingy. She was never more than a foot away for most of the afternoon. If I was in the kitchen, she would just lay on the floor with her blankie and wait for me to finish my task some what patiently and then follow me to the next room.
After as much shadowing as I could take, we decided to hop in the car and go visit daddy at work. The ladies at the court house certainly love Kinley. It's amazing how many people offer you candy when you have a cute little kid with you. So, Kinley finally said enough is enough and called off the hunger strike...for some smarties of course. But boy did those smarties perk her up. She was super happy at the grocery store waving and saying hi to everybody. And thanks to my fresh values card, we bought a delicious rotisserie chicken for dinner, which to my delight Kinley scarfed down. The smarties, chicken, and a few bits of orange turned her into a whole new kid. She spent the rest of the night reorganizing my kitchen furniture (one of her favorites) and then decided to search her toys for the perfect hat, which she found. Oh the mood swings of girls!
2 comments:
What a fun little girl!! I remember often resorting to visiting daddy at school when the kids needed a change of scenery and I needed a break! Oh the memmories. Now, that can't happen! We never know what part of the hospital he is in and he does not answer when I try to call. You'd think he was actually working or something!
How funny! I can't wait until Bennett shows us his personality like that! He's definitely not on a hunger strike :)
Post a Comment