Thursday, September 8, 2011

Top 5 Kinley quote

I just wanted to share the story behind my new favorite Kinley quote, and what is easily one of her top 5 moments in my opinion. My sister Richelle is hosting 2 foreign exchange students this year. She has a 16 year old boy from India and a 16 year old girl from Germany. They made it to Wyoming just in time to come to our house the weekend we blessed Haddie. In preparation for their arrival, I had a conversation with Kinley about how they would be a bit different than us and we didn't need to make a big deal about it. Such as, Alex will have dark skin (not a whole lot of people with dark skin in Idaho) and that Julia would have a very strong accent. I told her that if she couldn't understand them not to make them feel bad. Kinley said she would just let them know they talk weird. I told her that was definitely not appropriate. She then said, "if I'm talking to them and can't understand them I'll just go (in a super high pitched tone and spoken rather slowly) awk-ward." I laugh every time I think about it. What a special girl that Kinley is.

No comments: