A friend of mine recently told me that part of the test to become a beach lifeguard includes being able to tread water for 3 hours. I personally think that is absolutely insane and don't understand why anybody would want to do that. However, after a few changes in our lives, I'm starting to feel like somebody chucked me in the ocean and I'm just trying to keep my head above the water. In June, I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society presidency (over Home and Personal Enrichment, hilarious, right?). As of Sunday, Rich is now the 2nd Counselor in our new Bishopric. I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around these new changes, and I really have a hard time accepting the fact that we are old enough for these callings, but apparently we are. So, for now, I think we are both just trying to figure out how to stay afloat. Unfortunately, my blogging has been seriously interrupted lately, so here is a tiny attempt at catching up on a quick trip.
My brothers Jason and Chad, and sister Shawna, all took a trip to Island Park with their families a few weeks ago. Kinley and I were able to drive up and spend some time with them. We had a blast. I absolutely love Island Park, it is beautiful. We hiked around Mesa Falls and then went to Big Springs and saw John somebody's cabin (sorry, can't remember his last name). Then of course, we had some awesome food and made some smores. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Kinley loves to sit by the fire as long as she doesn't get too close and somebody will get her stick on fire once in a while. No marshmallows for her though, they're too yucky when they get brown.

Jason with Kinley and his son Wyatt

Chad with his girls Hayden and Haley

Wyatt, Kinley, and Hayden

Kinley, Haley, and Hayden in front of the falls
6 comments:
Congrats to both of you!! That is so great! How is Rich doing so far? I hope all is well. We haven't done it, but I hear they are away quite a bit. I hope you are coping. I wish we were closer and I would offer to take Kinley while you got things done for RS. Good luck with it all!
Those are some hefty callings; I'm sure you guys are doing great! Mesa Falls looks cool, I wish we would have had time for that.
Oh, come on--you don't want to tread water for 3 hours?? What's wrong with you??? Anyways, I think they picked the PERFECT people for the callings! Don't get too stressed out-- but if you do, I'll bring ya an Italian Soda to help!
Hey, at least you're only 2nd counselors, right? Just think, you could be RS Pres and BISHOP! Heh heh. Good luck!
CONGRATS on the new callings! That is exciting!
WOW!! Congrats on the new callings to both you & Rich!
Post a Comment