Thursday, September 24, 2009

Introducing

Before I had a child, I use to say idiotic things like, "my child will never do.....". Apparently I have bad karma or something. Naturally, my child is doing all of the things I said she wouldn't, and worse. For some strange reason, I always figured that my child would not be one to insist on wearing some crazy outfit in public. I thought for sure I would be able to talk them out of this. As I feast upon my words, let me take this time to introduce you to our new Superhero.
I know what you are all thinking. It's a bird. No, it's a plane. No, it's just Kinley in a ridiculous mask. Wrong! This amazing creature is Batgirl. Batgirl made her first appearance a little over a week ago. Thanks to a cape that I was able to use my poor sewing skills to make, and a great $1 bat mask from Target, we now have this beautiful creature running around. At first, Batgirl was just content to "save" people that were in our house. Then, she needed to save a few people in our neighborhood and we had to take a walk in her costume. Then yesterday, apparently the folks at Walmart were in peril and she insisted on going to save them. I must say, I am proud of myself for actually letting her wear the costume out in public, it is a big step for me. Plus, she makes a pretty cute little super hero.

Shortly after this picture was taken, Kinley said "okay mom, Batgirl to the rescue!" Hopefully she can rescue my sanity, motherhood seems to be knocking it out of me.

3 comments:

Janae said...

I love it! Caleb had on red cowboy boots, red shorts, and an orange shirt with all of the buttons buttoned to the top. He also had my headband on wearing it like a sweatband. So great! Atleast you have a halloween costume now!

Cyndi said...

Love it!! Oh I was that same girl saying "my kids will never do that". It's crazy how your view on life completely changes once you have kids. You realize that not every day is perfect & that you & your child(ren) can't look "just right" all the time. My kids have the same capes...except for batman & superman. So fun:)

Lindsey said...

She looks adorable! The cape is very cute. I had that list, too and it is getting shorter, bit by bit. The last item to go was "my child will never wear rainboots with shorts when it's not raining" Oh well.