Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where to start

We have had quite a couple of weeks that are worthy of a few posts (I'll get to them eventually). We decided to move out of our apartment a little early so that in hopes that they would rent it out quickly and save us from having to pay rent through the rest of our lease. Well, it worked. We moved out on Saturday the 24th and somebody moved in on Monday. Yay for not having to pay double rent. We are currently homeless and have been taken in by some very nice friends until we can get into our new place on Friday. You know us, we just LOVE to move, so we thought doing a 2 part move sounded like a blast. May I add, moving with a nearly 2 year old is such a blast, I highly recommend it to everybody, and moving with a really stubborn and bossy nearly 2 year old is even better.

On Friday, Kinley and I packed up and headed to Wyoming for my oldest nephew's graduation and to visit family and meet the newest addition to the Rawlings clan, baby Paige (my sister Nicole's new baby). We had such a great time and I am happy to report that Paige was still alive when we left and Kinley was very sweet with her. I had thought she would want to chuck her around like she does all of her babies, but she was actually very gentle with her. I know, I'm shocked too, she didn't even try and run her over a single time.

We also were lucky enough to catch a dance recital for 3 nieces and 2 nephews. They all did an awesome job and Kinley was clapping the loudest of everybody. I was so worried she would be bored and ruin the whole thing, instead, she was a very captive audience and had a blast. When the girls did their ballet routines, Kinley would sway her arms along with them, it was cute. So I am guessing she likes ballet the most which I am not thrilled about. I can fully appreciate the skill and talent it takes to do ballet, it just happens to be my least favorite style of dance to watch, but if she wants to be a ballerina, you go for it baby doll. The nephews did some great hip hop routines that were excellent as well.

I have other thoughts from the trip that I will share later, but here are a few pictures to get you through. My apologies, not my best post, but it at least gets you caught up a bit.

This is Paige, but this picture in no way does justice to her. She is the most adorable baby, so much hair and just a very happy and content baby.

Kinley taking a swing at her first pinata. She did a decent job, good form, excellent concentration, looks like a future home run swing to me.

4 comments:

Emilee said...

I am definitley with you on the whole ballet thing, not my favorite. I do think Cambree quite enjoys it as well. I am glad you got moved okay and that you won't have to pay double rent, that is always a plus. Good Luck!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Lucky you not having to pay double rent. We had to do that when we moved to Waterbrook. Oh and the two part move is always fun. (thanks again for taking on a roommate for a week!)

We don't think we'll make it out to Idaho this year, but we'll let you know! Do you like Idaho Falls? Where will you be living?

Leslie said...

well you are Miss Move America!!!!
And I am glad you got a little stubborn jr. so you can have a taste of what that is like!!!
Leslie

Janae said...

Oh, you poor thing. Moving with a 2 year old is not fun. Josie didn't like our new house and kept saying, "Well, I'm going to my other house." Good luck with everything. I do have to say that I love getting rid of things and moving always makes you dejunk.