I realize it has been quite some time since I have updated our blog. So I thought to myself, what have I been doing all this time. Well, let me fill you in. I have a child that I am convinced is running for "World's Busiest Toddler" and I am really thinking she has a good shot at taking the title. So here is just a little glimpse of what she will be using in the talent portion of her competition.
Kinley will be displaying her incredible oral hygiene. She will be in the middle of playing or reading a book and have the urge to brush her teeth and immediately run to one of us and grab our finger and drag us upstairs to the bathroom. I think she would brush her teeth all day if I would let her. I am trying to set of limit of 3 times a day, I am thinking it might not be good to brush your teeth 20 times a day, maybe some of you dental experts out there can help me out with that one.

New to Kinley is the talent to actually sit and watch something on the t.v. for about 15 minutes on a good day. Typically we do Baby Einstein and, my personal favorite, the Backyardigans (don't they sing the catchiest tunes???). However, last week she caught her very first episode of AFV (that is America's Funniest Videos to those of you that aren't as geeky as we are) and absolutely loved it. She loves that every other episode has a dog or a kitty and she even laughs when the people fall down...could be because her parents are laughing so hard. She loved it so much, she just laid down next to her daddy and enjoyed the entire episode. This may not win her any points in the competition, but I enjoyed the down time.

Kinley is currently struggling with having more liquid come out of her body than her diaper can handle. I don't know what the problem is, we have tried several different brands of diapers and they all have the same problem, only 2 brands give her a horrible diaper rash. So, she keeps me busy by changing her sheets way too often. This however has led her to discovering just how much fun it is to jump on the mattress when it's out of the crib. I know, you probably are all thinking, "why do you take the mattress out?" Well, simple, it seems by far the easiest way for little short me to change the sheet. Now, unfortunately, she constantly wants the mattress out so she can jump on it and when she doesn't get her way she throws a gigantic tantrum, and boy can she throw a tantrum.

Now, this one might contribute to our diaper situation. Little Kinley is very, very thirsty. She is always wanting a drink, and some times it can be a bit tricky to figure out what she is in the mood for, juice or water, and if it's juice, what kind of juice. However, she has taken quite a liking her daddy's favorite, fruit punch Gatorade. Thank heavens she brushes her teeth so often so that the sugar isn't rotting her teeth, I hope anyway. So by way of being busy, it ends up being a decent amount of sippy cups to wash and a couple extra diapers to change each day, but at least she's hydrated. I love when she drinks from dad's Gatorade because it's impossible for her to drink without smashing her nose. I thought it was funny.

But no matter how busy we are, we always have time for a cookie break. Funny story, Kinley has started saying diaper, pronounced "bi-per". This particular day I had made some cookies and asked her if she would like a cookie. She responded with her high pitched "bi-per?". I of course said, no, we don't eat diapers, but this cookie will eventually end up in yours. Pretty clever on my part :)

Kinley is also very excited that she now gets to go to nursery during church, not nearly as excited as her parents are though. She absolutely loves it and enjoys spending time with all of the other little kids, especially bubble time. She doesn't even seem to mind when we leave her, kind of makes me feel bad, but then again, I get to enjoy the rest of church without chasing her around. Well, this is just a glimpse at how we are spending our time. I am actually happy that Kinley is so energetic and so full or personality, she's happy, healthy, and makes us laugh all the time.
8 comments:
She sure is growing up! We also say bi-per at our house. :)
Thanks for the update, it was nice to hear someone else's child can keep them as busy as mine! Sounds like she's a handful. Aren't they all though. You better really enjoy that she will go to nursery, don't feel bad that she doesn't seem to miss you, it's much worse to have a child that doesn't want you to walk out that door or she'll throw a complete fit! Keep up the busyness.
She is so cute! I cannot believe that she is in nursery already; it seems like she was just born! I can't even imagine Bennett being that old.
Why to go tooth brusher!!! I know plenty of past patients of mine that I would love if they brushed 20/day. I say enjoy this stage of excessive brushing, she will probably get to the point where you will bribe her with Gatoraid to get her to brush her teeth. However,try offering her tooth brush to her after every time she eats,that way she will recognize that it has a specific purpose.
She sounds like Ella, before she discovered the "t.b." now all she wants to do is watch it and even learned the button to push it on. It might have to get unplugged. I'm with you on the Backyardigans. Ella asks for the "dragon" we have recorded off their movie a few Mondays ago. Good luck keeping up!!! Imagine when she's a teenager.
I love every word of it! Isn't motherhood just great! You really can't blame her for wanting to jump on the matress. I remember Cami and I doing that at college. As for the TV watching, why is it that they will sit with Dad and watch TV, but never Mom?
I hear you on the Backyardigans, I just can't get enough of there cute little voices! I also can not believe that Kinley is old enough for nursery, time really does fly! Kinley sounds a lot like Josie in the nursery department! Josie never cared when we left her in nursery either. For the first couple of times it broke my heart that she didn't need her mommy! However,now looking back after all the work it was to get Parker to stay in nursery consider it a huge blessing!
Sounds like you're having a great time with Kinley! I can't wait to see you guys again!! (We are coming in June to baptize Dallin there) Mom keeps me updated on how you are all doing. She wanted to know how Rich's interview in Idaho Falls went.
Post a Comment