Since Christmas, Kinley has learned how difficult it is to care for another person, or in her case, a doll. Grandma Friess gave Kinley an adorable little baby doll for Christmas, and baby doll has become one of the family. Kinley spends a good portion of her day playing with and caring for her new doll. However, she also has to care for Elmo and her stuffed giraffe "Raffey". I'm sure you can understand and relate to her burden, it's quite a job taking care of all of these "children". So, I thought I would give you a quick peak at Kinley's day.
Well obviously, children need to eat, so Kinley typically is kind enough to share her meals and snacks with her babies. Of course by sharing I mean she smashes food into the poor little creatures mouths. I'm hoping that nobody will notice that Elmo's mouth is stained from the chocolate chip cookie he enjoyed the other day. It probably wasn't helping the situation that as she was stuffing the cookie in his mouth I was saying in my best Cookie Monster voice, "me want cookies". Oh well, his mouth is black felt, he'll get over it.
Kinley is determined to have her kids be well rounded. They join us for story time, watch the Backyardigans with us, and of course, they need to have some music lessons. Poor little baby doll is having to learn how to play the piano with her forehead, she's actually getting pretty good. We're so glad that Santa brought our music table so that after music class the kiddies have some place to take their naps.
Nap time is quite problematic, mostly because she usually only has one blanket downstairs and at least 2 people in need of a blanket. Yesterday, this led to quite a nasty disagreement. Unfortunately I don't speak Kinley, so I can't be sure what happened. I can only speculate that there was some sort of an altercation over where everybody was supposed to take their pretend naps. I saw Kinley pointing her finger at Raffey and next thing I knew he was banished to the corner. Luckily, tempers cooled and everybody was allowed to enjoy a nice, leisurely car ride. Of course, by leisurely, I mean stuffed and crammed in the car, had their heads run over, and for a portion of the ride baby doll's head was found underneath Kinley's bottom, poor thing.
I love to watch Kinley and her little imagination grow and think her interactions are so adorable. However, I am really hoping that the Department of Children and Family Services are not watching her drag her doll by its pig tails, sit on their heads, and force them to eat, I'm sure they wouldn't be pleased. At least she takes a minute to snuggle with her baby and her daddy, that must make up for some of that bad pretend parenting.
9 comments:
Very cute! And yes, our kids are a lot alike. It's fun to watch them grow up at the same time.
I love to watch Cambree pretend with her animals. She has 3 dogs, Flex, Harpo, and Hincky. Its amazing the names they come up with too.
So cute! It's amazing how bright kids are... I would have loved to see her disciplining Elmo, how funny!
So dang cute. Lauryn is a lot like Kinley, she loves her little baby she got for christmas and is always singing it songs and putting it to bed and making sure she's not crying. They are so funny when you can see them acting like you act to them. So fun.
That is so cute. She is all girl! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas too!
I can't get over how much she looks like Rich! So cute! Josie has a few dolls that have survived the unthinkable. One is missing a leg and her newest doll that she had to have for Christmas has been strapped in her car seat for a week now. Atleast Kinley is nice enough to take them along.
Stumbled on yours too. Sounds like you have the typical 1st child. She looks so different and it hasn't even been all that long. Stop in on ours anytime.
I must say Marlyce that your writing is quite superb! Your little story of Kinley’s responsibilities as a 17 month old mother was quite hilarious. I didn’t realize Kinley’s life and my life had so much in common! ;) Thanks for sharing!
All I need to know about life, I learn from Kinley.
Evige
Post a Comment