Saturday, October 27, 2007

Friess family cleaning

Well I think that most people that know me would know that I like things to be neat and tidy...and in their proper place. Obviously with the addition of Kinley to the family, neat and tidy is quite a struggle and I have definitely learned to relax a bit. So, I thought I'd catch you up on the different ways the Friess' cleaned this week.

On Thursday, Rich called from work to say that he was making a stop on his way home to pick up a surprise, and he would only say that it was something fun for us to do together. So I immediately think of a game or movie or something of that nature. Nope, he showed up with ear candles, or ear wax candles, whatever they are called. He thought it would be fun to clean out our ears. I had my reservations, but after Rich did his I thought why not, it was interesting in the least. We did a little more research though and found that they are kind of a scam and that what you think is wax from ears probably isn't.



Then it's on to the cleaning of the house. I like to do the majority of my cleaning on Saturday, get it all out of the way in one day and enjoy a clean house for a day. Kinley has taken a liking to the vacuum and likes to chase it and be chased while you vacuum. She likes to play with the vacuum and thinks it is very funny when it sucks her clothes or skin. So we let her get the dust off her and play with the vacuum for a bit.




Then it was time to get Kinley clean and ready for bed. She took her bath (followed by our eczema treatment) and into her freshly cleaned jammies. We like to call these jammies her "Whoville" jammies, we think they make her look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. It must be the feet combined with her nice round belly. And that is a glimpse at how the Friess' get clean.

6 comments:

proudmamablogga said...

oh...foot jammies are the best.

Pearl is still afraid of the vacuum

Mary Ann Carlile said...

She looks like such a ham in those pictures! What a funny girl...I love her belly in her pj's!

Emily said...

I'm glad that even though we no longer see you guys on a regular basis, I can just check your blog and get a good laugh. I've always wondered about those ear wax candles. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Kinley sure is a doll! How's everyone's fall wardrobes coming along?

Lindsey said...

I love it--if Jake sees this he might try that for our next date night! Those ear wax candles are hilarious; it does feel kind of good even if it really doesn't do anything :) I also love the pjs-- what does the princess shirt say? She looks like she's developing such a fun personality!

Janae said...

I convinced my family to try the ear thing once too. It was eventful to say the least. I love Kinley's PJ's. Very whos it ville. Cleaning isn't very much fun with kids. If I'm cleaning in one area it means the kids are messing the other areas up. As you know this can be very frustrating!

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

Hey Richie, what's going on? My wife and I were searching the world of blogs and we came across yours so I thought I'd say hello. (This is Travis Hanson). Our Blog address is:

http://corboandtrav.blogspot.com/

and Jared's is:

http://www.jbkhanson3.blogspot.com/

We hope ya'll are doing well and hope to hear from ya!