Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another famous quote from Kinley

My sweet little Kinley has this horrible habit of drinking her bath water, or just holding in her mouth, or doing other such nasty things involving bath water and her mouth. Rich and I are constantly on her case about this. Well, this week she has really outdone herself. I started her bath and left the bathroom for a few minutes. When I came back in I found her licking the bath tub. I know, completely horrifying. I naturally yelled, "Kinley, what are you doing ?!?" Very calmly and with a shrug of her shoulders she replied, "I'm Kinley. I'm disgusting." Then she returned to her bath toys as if nothing had happened, and I thought that truer words have probably never been uttered.

9 comments:

Kurt and Kristy said...

LOL! That is so funny! Good thing you have that documented!

Kate and Cole said...

Oh how I love Kinley as if she were my own :) That is Hilarious. At least she's honest. Reese does that too. We call it "bum water". That seems to do the trick sometimes.

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious! Yeah, I can't seem to stop Bennett from doing that, either. I just try to keep the tub clean. I like how she tells you what to do when you play, Bennett has started doing that lately and it really is annoying.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I don't know what to say other than that is just about the coolest thing I've ever heard.

Tara said...

Well, at least she knows it! Right? I am so glad you write these things down - it just makes me laugh. I need to do better at that. Hope all is well. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Marlyce I can't remember when I have laughed so much as while reading your blog. I'm sure you want someone to tell you that you life is a scream, but it truly is (you know looking in from the outside). So glad you are keeping your sense of humor in the ups and downs of parenthood.

btw—the word verification is "disfun" sounds perfect for your blog

proudmamablogga said...

Oh Jeez. This is my favorite blog.

Cyndi said...

oh my heck!!! That's classic:)

Kandis Smith said...

by far, my favorite Kinley quote!!