Kinley: Hey mommy, you stupid.
Me: (hoping I had heard wrong) What did you say?
Kinley: (with a big smile) Mommy, you stupid.
Me: Kinley, that is a naughty word. We don't call people stupid. Do you understand?
Kinley: Ok stupid.
This quickly led my brain to three major problems with this exchange. First, how very rude to call your mother stupid. Second, where on earth did she learn that? Third, how do I keep from totally laughing? I mean the "ok stupid", pretty funny.
I'm hoping that she doesn't really know what "stupid" means and that it was not actually meant to be an insult. We still had a good discussion about why we shouldn't call people stupid and how it makes them sad. As pay back, I will post some semi embarrassing pictures of Kinley that I will hope will come back to haunt her when she is in high school.
Kinley is currently going through a "glove phase". She wears them all the time.
8 comments:
I'm helping out your ego by posting a comment:) Just kidding! That "stupid" story, (& I'm not saying that you're story was stupid) made me laugh really hard. I went through that same stage with Hayden when she was 2 years old. I had to explain to her that it wasn't a great word & it makes people feel bad when you say it to them. Whenever we were around Kae Lynn & she would say "stupid" Hayden would be all over Kae Lynn telling her that "that's not a great word" & that she shouldn't be saying it. Gotta love kids.
How funny, but even funnier that you posted blackmail pictures of her! Way to get her back!
We too had to make stupid a naughty word after repeatedly hearing Nora mutter "stupid, stupid, stupid" under her breath. Now we are constantly being told by the girls that we don't say that word when we say it. :)
That is Hilarious! I nearly wet myself ya know. By the way, the cardiologist appointments have been regular since Elizabeth was born with a hole in her heart and such. Our next one is in March.
What a sassy little girl! I wonder where she gets it. I love the picture of her in her gloves. She is SOOO cute! Can you imagine the beautiful children she and Haden could have!?
I have joined facebook. I call it "boy blogging." Wanna add me as a friend?
I think Kinley would be great friends and probably get in lots of trouble. They are too cute half of the time to not laugh at them.
That is seriously so funny! Even though you want those pictures to be pay back, I think they're way too cute! Love the gloves! She sounds like she has such a fun and cute little personality, calling mommy stupid aside. I bet you had to try really hard not to laugh.
Not sure about the pay back pictures.. I think they're way cute..
Post a Comment