Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a difference a year makes

Today marks Kinley's half birthday and makes her officially 2 1/2 years old.  I can't help but think of how much she has changed in the last year.  It was just one year ago that I was sitting in the doctor's office having a discussion about her lack of words and what to do about it.  Now, a mere 12 months later, I can't get the girl to stop talking.

Last week Kinley and I were reading a book and I pointed to a picture and said, "there's the frog".  Kinley responded with, "no mommy, it's a red eyed tree frog".  Oh really smarty pants?  Well nobody likes a know-it-all.

Then, after 2 days of pure torturous potty training, Kinley woke up from her nap and announced, "I not want to potty train.  I quit".  

Though I do enjoy being able to communicate easier with her, I must admit, I kind of miss the peace and quiet.  She sure is cute though.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Just wait to see the difference another six monthes makes! It's so sad to see the time fly. In some ways it's nice for them to grow up (potty training:)

Kurt and Kristy said...

Yes, she is very cute and has a very fun and spunky personality!

Ashley Cleverly said...

Looks like me might have inherited a little bit of the dressing up gene from my side of the family! HAHA