Friday, April 8, 2011

Be careful what you say....

Just a warning to any of you out there that may have the chance to spend some time with Kinley. You need to be careful what you tell her. Why you ask? Simple, she remembers everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING. Recently, Kinley was spending some time with my dear, sweet mother. My mom was telling her how she and my dad go to the prison once a month to work with an inmate. My parents do "Family Home Evening" with a prisoner once a month. My mother, with the best intentions, told Kinley all about prison and what it's like to go there.

Well, let's fast forward to today. Kinley and I were paying for our groceries at Walmart when the checker told us that somebody had been caught shoplifting. She then told Kinley what that meant and that shoplifters have to go to jail. Kinley responded with, "You want to know something awesome? My grandma has to go to jail all the time. She walks in through a big door and it shuts behind her and she is locked in there. But she likes it because there is a church she can go to." I was trying so hard not laugh while I explained to the checker why my parents were going to the jail all the time. I really feel like it was one of Kinley's better moments. I wonder if my mom will too?

2 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

hahahahahahaha that's hilarious! Granny Janny? A CONVICT!! haha that's a good one!

Kurt and Kristy said...

LOL that is too funny!!