Thursday, August 19, 2010

The very belated birthday post

I would like to blame my lack of blogging on my recent shoulder surgery, however, I had been on a break from blogging even before that. I actually think I have been putting off this post because it's just really hard for me to acknowledge that my baby girl is now 4 and definitely not a baby anymore. Even though I ask her every day just to be my baby again, she assures me it's just not possible. I honestly can't believe that in just another week and a half I will be dropping her off at pre-school. Every day I am amazed by her. I'm amazed at her imagination, her energy, her intelligence, her creativity, and of course, the fact that she has so much to say she just can't stop talking. I hate to break it to her, but whether she wants to be or not, she's always going to be my baby girl.

So, on to the birthday fun. This year Kinley wanted a Despicable Me birthday party. Quite the challenge since no bakeries in town have a kit to make a Despicable Me birthday cake. Thank heavens for the ever so talented Kandis who made an amazing cake for Kinley.
Kinley, being your average 4 year old girl, is obsessed with princesses and Barbies. So naturally, she got plenty of Barbies for her birthday.
Kinley also got this awesome Barbie furniture that her Grandma made for her. She also got this new "princess dress" which is great for twirling in.
Even Uncle Len made it for her birthday. She was pretty excited to have him come for a visit. Kinley managed to get my camera and snap this great picture of Len. He'll be thrilled it made it on the blog. A weekend with Kinley will wear anybody out.

2 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

What a great post! I can't believe she's 4 either! I'm so glad to see the blog updated finally! Nice work

Lindsey said...

Wow, it's crazy that she's already 4! She is such a cute girl. How is your shoulder? That doesn't sound fun.