Thursday, February 7, 2008

She lives...well, sort of

In order to relieve all of you sorrow and anguish filled people, here is an update on Little Purple.  As previously mentioned, my dear Little Purple (my very first car, a 1997 purple Escort) suffered a serious injury and her future health was in jeopardy.  We had all written her off for dead but were hoping for a miracle.  Well, I suppose it is safe to say that miracles do happen.  With a very fortunate turn of events, my sister was able to get enough money from the insurance company to buy back the totalled car, repair it, paint it, and get her looking good as new.  So Little Purple went to the car hospital, had a new arm or door put on and got her repairs taken care of.  Thank you to the donor car that was willing to lose a limb so that Purple could live again.  Then, rather than have a purple car with a different color door, my nephew opted for a new paint job or skin transplant if you will.  So, Purple received a fresh, shiny, new coat of black paint.  So I guess it is fair to say that Little Purple is no more, but Big Black is taking over.  So, welcome back, and may you enjoy your new skin.

6 comments:

Janae said...

I think they should have repainted her purple. She may have a personality complex now.

Anna said...

Hey, Marlyce--I found a link to your blog on Emilee's. I hope you don't mind. I actually remember that car. I think we went to D.A.R.E. or something in it. Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing well.

Mary Jane (Parnell) Seamons

Stacey said...

Marlyce,
I am so glad that little purple well use to be little purple is doing okay! We have lots of fun memories in that car!

Lacy said...

Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone a vibrant green! I am also sorry to report that no one got sunburnt either! Which is amazing because our spray sunscreen application wasn't so great. Anyways, I am just constantly amazed at the wonderful weather. Since Nebraska I will never take it for granted again! Take Care and come to visit, to soak up some sun for yourself! Just wait until the horrible bar exam is over! Stephen misses his good buddy Rich.

Karole said...

I Can't beleive that car is still around! That's crazy...I remember when you got that car, it was so nice and new! Fun times and memories happened in that car!

Janae said...

Are you alive?